Do you ever need a currency converter on website?
If you are a store owner, I guess you always want your products price to be display on user’s currency so they can easily figure how much it cost in their country/region
I always get identical requirement like so
What are the common points between these projects?
- Require a way to display the price in user currency based on where they live
- Convert the rate between currency automatically
- Should be display converted money in product pages, collection pages and should be updated automatically when variants options changed
I know you should be wondering why these customer did not buy one of the plugins out there, they are quite a lot options, but I believe these plugins can’t provide a flexible method and well integrated enough to their current website
Initial design – I got a pdf with detail like so
- The plugin would be injected as custom code user required it must be simple to modify the default currency
- I used jQuery and IP detection to detect where user is
- A dictionary is prepare to know which currency is used on current location, and what is the symbol of currency
Let’s see what it’s look like when completed
Unforturnately, I can only show 1 out of 2 projects due to a non-disclosure agreements, but both client has been very happy, they gave wonderful feedbacks
Do you find is useful to have your own currency converter like that? Feel free to connect me